Thursday 7 February 2019

One asked me: "They found a giant REE deposit at the bottom of the ocean. What is your opinion?"

One asked me: "They found a giant REE deposit at the bottom of the ocean. They write that "That's equivalent to 780 years' worth of yttrium supply, 620 years of europium, 420 years of terbium and 730 years of dysprosium."  What is your opinion?"

I answered: "I do not have enough data. Do not rush to participate in this project. While it is the same as mining metals from meteorites.
 
First of all, they did not provide any evidence that they have a good REE deposit, and not just another field of apatite, thorite, fluorite, brockite or others. Such occurrence are unpromising for the production of REE.

Secondly, the economy. They themselves know that it is very expensive: "Extracting those metals from the seabed, however, is an expensive affair...."

I advise you to start from the beginning and answer the question "Is your occurrence a mineral deposit or no. More
  
Only after that can I answer your question.

Ph.D. Natalia Petrovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment